Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Multitasking, I read both articles describing multitasking.,by watching TV and being on the computer at the same time. Both articles talked about multitasking being on electronic devices and spending almost a half hour going back and forth looking at the computer then 14 seconds later looking at the TV. For me personally when I multitask it is doing something physical like pouring coffee at my place of work and taking the next customer in lines order. The articles go on to explain how this affects the retention in our brain and how unproductive this type of multitasking becomes. The young generation today really focus too much on electronic devices and I have experienced this first hand. How I have experienced this is by working with high school students and seeing how their attention is affected, many times I have to repeat to them continually regular tasks that they do every time they work. I even think that some kids feel their phone will take them to the moon someday. In the end if you are spending all your time looking back and forth at both devices, in essence nothing is getting accomplished. At school students are on computer while looking at their phones and listening to the professor at the same time. In this case probably nothing got retained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment