Thursday, April 23, 2015
Cameras in work place
How I feel about cameras in the work place, well at first I felt violated when we got cameras at my place of employment. Then when someone said it is for the employees protection as well as the customer, it made me think sometimes the customer is not always right. Also, where I work at Dunkin Donuts customer get so upset about very small issues when it is suppose to be a happy environment, it is coffee and doughnuts after all. The cameras make me feel better, I usually go about my time at work and get my work done. So, if there is a question about me being there too late at night, my manager and the district manager can go and look at the recording of exactly what I was doing and how I spend my break. I work through most of my break because there is no one to cover me! Also, at a Dunkin Donuts in Maryland there is a video of a robbery attempt, it is on u-tube. It was at night, and the store was still open with a woman employee working. The robber tried to get in through the drive-thru window and get into the cash register all from inside his car, through his car window! Anyway the clerk was quick in her thinking and took hot coffee tossing it at him and she tried closing his arm in the window too. Finally, she took a full pot of very hot coffee and poured it in his lap and he took off! It is really cool to be able to watch this and if there were no cameras the story could have changed. The cameras make me feel protected in so many ways. So yes I feel many other employees having cameras can benefit like police officers because people watching don't always see things the way they happened, there have been many studies and tests done to prove this to be true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment